Tuesday, November 30, 2004

On Being a Non-Perfectionist

I truly need pointers on how to be a perfectionist.

It was Sir Alex (Oooohh.... Sir Alex...) who first told me that I should learn to be more of a perfectionist. It sounded reasonable enough. But I guess I didn't have enough motivation to actually take it to heart and actually learn to become one. If I were a contestant in America's Next Top Model or American Idol and the judges told me that, I would have already been voted out the next episode, since I didn't consider their advice. As you may know, I work fast if I could. And I guess sometimes that results to semi-mediocre (in my opinion) work. I wish to become more efficient while still keeping my pace. I guess I just need more practice. I hate having to go over my work again. In an exam, I sometimes get lazy going over my answers again, thinking that I was in my right mind when answering it the first time around. I guess I forget that anyone can be a victim of carelessness, even for perfectionists.

Help.

2 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Lesley Ardelle said...

Rish, if you don't consider yourself a perfectionist, eh di ano pa tawag mo sakin? Hehehehe. You not being a perfectionist is news to me. I've always considered you as one of the most hard-working, OC people in arki. Naks. :) And even if you are too tamad to check your work / test answers, have you ever failed anything? :p I think being right the first time around is better than being perfect after a thousand tries. Of course, *perfect* is the ideal...but, nobody's perfect, or havent you heard? :D

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger RT said...

Oh well. I guess I was in my "feeling inefficient" mood when I wrote this down and it's funny that taz wrote a pessimistic entry too. Maybe it's just one of those days. I guess you're right. I'll just go along and continue what I do and learn if others teach me to do otherwise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home