Thursday, December 02, 2004

And Singapore Votes

Singapore didn't let me down.

Last night was the finals for the first ever Singapore Idols. (I have to admit I went home earlier to catch it, haha). To give you a quick Singapore Idol brief, it started with twelve finalists. One backed out before the first elimination show was filmed. The first two who got eliminated had FIlipino blood. One was pure Filipino, the other was only part and had some Western blood. International school type. They are definitely both good signers. But I guess Singapore was looking for a more local idol. I mean people would say, the title of the show isn't SIngaporea Idol. But still, it is the Singaporeans who vote.



Well enough about that. The final two are Taufik Batisah and Sylvester Sim. (see pic) Taufik is Malay and Sylvester is Chinese. It was more of a racial thing. I was all for Taufik. He's really a good singer -- he sounds like Usher. And dances well too! But Sylvester was the crowd favorite, him being an ah-beng (well in Filipino terms, a kanto boy, haha -- a typical guy I guess) and the Chinese still dominate Singapore.

But talent still ruled.

I guess you'll just catch him perform in the World Idol.

Which reminds me, American Idol 2005 by January! Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home