Thursday, June 30, 2005

Sugar Overdose and The Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous

The two topics have no direct relation. It's just that for lunch I ate these frosted cherry-flavored pop tarts imitation that my sister gave me. It was a tad too sweet, plus I was at site all morning so I'm tired and sleepy right now. So to wake me up, hopefully writing in this blog o' mine would help throw cold water at my face.

Anyways, since I got back from Manila I found out that my boss assigned me to another project. It should have been two but good thign I wasn't around to accept the other one. Tish ended up working on the other. Both of same nature. Site inspection of two completed, occupied condos. I'm quite lucky cuz I ended up with the newer higher-end condo which was located within the city center.

It was definitely a peek at expat living. Mostly Westerners. I forgot the title of that MTV show wherein the guy/girl selects a date through rummaging through the latter's room. That was how I felt. I guessed the ages of the kids, what their jobs wee, wondered why one unit didn't have a dining table or any form of dining area, guessed who was cultured enough to have an interior designer work on it, guessed who travelled a lot through the books and memorabilia.

It's quite a nice break from office work or too-heavy site meetings. I was even able to talk to two Filipina maids. (my colleague said Caucasians usually get Filipinas to have less of the language barrier). One was a part-timer in two residences (apparently the employers were friends or something like that) and she spends time at each household. She said she had two kids in Manila, one studying in PSBA and one taking nursing. I told her hopefully the one taking nursing will follow here. She said, yes, hopefully, but he's still in his second year. And as she said, "Marami pang kakainin bigas". She only goes home to Manila when she has money to spare. And it made me feel guilty for my impulsive trips home. I'm really lucky in a way. Although I have financial obligations too, I'm glad it isn't so bad after all.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger joyce said...

room raiders yung title ng show

 

Post a Comment

<< Home