Monday, June 13, 2005

in memoriam

One of my lolos passed away this morning.

I didn't expect myself to be sad. But I am. I was crying this morning that some of my officemates asked me how I was. And the office busybody was even consoling me.

My dad and sister said I didn't have to come home. That they will understand that I won't be there. Makes me feel a bit guilty. But I'll just do my share by offering mass for him on the day of his cremation.

I also decided to take time off this afternoon cuz I just concentrate on my work.

I was never close to this particular lolo. He's been sick for a while now. In and out of the hospital. But somehow I know I'm one of the grandchildren he particularly likes. I have no idea why. My dad told me that he always asks about me when they visit him.

But except for the visits my dad sometimes forces on us, I didn't really gave much effort to talk to him during family gatherings. It was already difficult communicating with him. So much for being a good grandchild.

3 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Lesley Ardelle said...

Hey Rish, my condolences on the death of your lolo...:( I'm sure that it must be hard to cope with a death in the family when you're so far away...but I'm sure he'll understand if you don't come home. :) I hope your family is fine, as well...

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger mush said...

My condolences, Rish. Sad day...:(

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my prayers and condolences...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home