Monday, April 25, 2005

Tiring Saturday

I think I was able to maximize my Saturday, being out almost thirteen hours. I guess my feeling-practical self emerged when I planned my events for that day. I knew I would be meeting former colleagues for dinner, so I organized my day based on that.

So around eleven in the morning -- after breakfast, my taebo workout and a bath -- I headed to Little India. It was my first time to go to that area. First, I was curious about the 24-hour mall Mustafa And second, my sister said bangles there are quite cheap. So I do go there and I was able to buy pretty cheap gold and silver bangles. I was able to find other good buys too, mostly stuff for the kitchen -- like a Thai Tamarind dressing which I should try soon.

Then I took the train to Chinatown. Which was funny. I went all the way there to buy from this dimsum stall. Ahh.... the glutton in me. That was my lunch. I then walked to a nearby Korean restaurant to check out some stuff for my sister, but I think the items there were quite expensive. I then walked to Funan the IT Mall to canvass for fax machines for my dad and to check out tripods for my camera. (Hopefulyl I'll be able to get one before my parents come over)

After that I went to the malls around the Suntec area -- Raffles, Suntec itself, Marina Square and Millenia Walk. Although they are pretty much in the same cluster they were quite a walk from each other. Good thing I was wearing my tsinelas. I checked out a new hypermart open at Marina Square then I checked a furniture store at Millenia Walk for bulbs for the Flos chandelier my cousin got in Manila. But wasn't successful there.

I planned to hear mass at six so with still an hour or so left I walked to Bugis Mall, just to go window-shopping, then I walked to the Bras Basah Complex to check some architectural books for a side-project I'm working on, had a drink in McDonalds, walked back to Bugis to change for my evening dinner, then went to mass.

But during mass I was texted that our dinner was offset for an hour and a half. So I decided to walk back to Raffles and grabbed a bite at Burger King (what a pig I am -- a meal of double Mushroom Swiss, fries, chicken nuggets and a drink -- it's a normal value meal here. ugh.) while reading the third book of the Shopaholics series. There at Burger King I met one of my former colleagues. Then we both walked to Chijmes to meet the rest.

It was an okay gig. I didn't like the drink I ordered. I think I've been having too much Malibu lately. I should have gone for the Lychee drink. But at least I know for next time.

We split up before twelve since the flight of my friend was the next day.

So that was my maximized day. In writing I just realized how much I walked and how much I ate. Hahahah.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home