Sunday, April 17, 2005

saying goodbye

Today was supposed to be the last time I'll be seeing my "family" here in Singapore -- Haydee, Joel, and the two kids. (although Joel will still stay for years more). For the past months they've been my family, answering most of my questions about living here, beings ears for my problems and issues, providing me with a family, even if it's just a visit once a month.

It was really sad, a bit tearful. I don't have anyone else like them here. I still have Joel to contact if I have any problems though. But still not the same. But I guess it's time for me to move on, be a bit more independent.

Good thing there was something Haydee forgot to give me today. So I'll be seeing them this Tuesday. It's worth the trip after work.

And I promised them I'll be visiting them in their province this December.

I guess with my current lifestyle I have to get used to temporary goodbyes. Become a bit more numb. Get used to letting go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home