Wednesday, April 13, 2005

sensitivity and technology issues

My sensitivity sometimes come out in the weirdest times and circumstances. My paranoia could be quite hilarious, even over text messages and yahoo messaging.

Absence of smiley faces in text messages make me sometimes think if the person is mad at me or feels pestered by me. Text messaging I swear is one of the top reasons for miscommunication. It isn't the lingo, but the limit of text you can place in a 150-character screen expandable to 450. There isn't voice intonation or body language to give you an idea of what the person is thinking or feeling. Not everyone is into smiley faces. Not everyone is into punctuation marks.

My latest paranoia is from yahoo messaging. I've caught a few high school friends of mine (read; close friends then, barkada) online. Usually I would be the one to message them. They would respond, then that would prompt me to go on. Then that's it. No more messages from them. Hello, you might as well become invisible to me. That's what stealth settings are for. Better I not know you're online than make me feel stupid.

As Ebenezer Scrroge may say over technology, "Bah humbug!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home