Saturday, April 02, 2005

saturdays walks

I've somehow made a routine for my Saturdays (save for those that I have things that come uplike gimiks and such). After lunch (given I've eaten and done my taebo) I head to Orchard to do errands, namely to borrow or return books in the library at Takashimaya and if needed, to buy call cards at Lucky Plaza (given that the Filipino masses convene there, call cards are cheapest there due to the bulk consumption of the flips). I get there around two and around five I start heading to church, which is at the opposite end of the road. (Imagine walking the whole stretch of Katipunan Road, from UPIS to PSBA!) I really don't know why I do it. I guess since I want to check out what happens in the better malls along the stretch. I need the exercise too since I tend to eat more during the weekends. And let's just say that's my procession till the anticipated mass that I attend at six.

Today I ended up walking almost one and a half of that length. I was an hour too early for mass, so I ended up walking to this other mall. What made it more difficult was that I did my groceries, so I had two semi-heavy grocery bags. With the inspiration of my long walk I felt like buying healthy. Seriously! To dictate what I bought: quaker oats, vinaigrette dressing, yakult, and half a watermelon. (Imagine how heavy that was!) Come on, I should be more motivated now to eat healthy.

I also ended up buying this cute top at Far East Plaza (four or more floors of what you see in the tiangges in Manila). A bit expensive compared to my usually buys, but it was too darn cute. At least I'll look forward to wearing it and maybe look for an occasion to wear it, hehe.

I was quite amused this afternoon. In one of the malls one guy doing surveys asked me if I was Singaporean. Then while I was walking to church this Singaporean teenager asked me (me!) for directions. And I actually knew where it was! What does that say about me? Hahaha.

And then there was this lady who also stopped me for this survey about hair products. She asked me where I buy my hair products. I explained to her that I'm from Manila and I buy my toiletries there whenever I go home. So she asked me, "So you don't buy hair products here?" like it was so unbelievable. D-uh, wasn't that what I said?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home