Thursday, March 31, 2005

how time flies

It just seemed like last week that Les wrote her Bittersweet February entry. Now where has March gone? It totally passed in a blur. But I'm quite elated by how fast time is flying. Which could be quite selfish since I know people who wish time would slow down -- there's Haydee and Joel, since Haydee and the kids will be going back to the Philippines at the end of April; and there's also Karen (my sister's college friend), who will be moving here by next week, whom I'm sure would want to make the most of her remaining days in Manila before migrating (although I'm sure she and her husband will be flying back frequently). Time is a matter of context. I'll just think that time would be too fast for them so I know it won't be long till my parents will come visit me, and a bit more and I'll be home again for Christmas break. I took the cab to my apartment once and the wife of the cab driver apparently was a Filipina and lives in Cavite along with their daughter. It was only National Service that kept the cab driver in Singapore. He was asking me why I preferred to work in Singapore rather than in Manila since according to him life in Singapore is a blur -- to fast paced. Which is good news for me, because somehow I would like my time here not to be too slow. I'm not saying that this is like a prison and I'm serving my time. In a way I'm enjoying it. It's a different form of enjoyment as the enjoyment that I may have back home. For me the grass is always and will forever be greener back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home