Wednesday, March 30, 2005

if only everyday was like today

Today's work was quite tolerable. A bit of CAD, a bit of photoshop. Not too rushed. Not too slow. It's been one of those days that make me think, "That wasn't so bad." Not like those days wherein I get frustrated with a few unlikeable personalities in the office. Frustration over the supposed ban of instant messaging. (although I still have my chikka, since I consider it not-so-instant, hahahha) And it was also nice that I had to coordinate with the representative of the client for him to pick up the drawings i edited. It is really nice coordnating with consultants, etc (hope I won't eat my words! hahahah) since it makes me feel useful.

Anyways there are some unknown beings in our office right now... smelly men working on some wiring in the ceiling. I don't know if it has to do with the new fingerprint security alarm system that will be installed. (I prefer the eye scan though, hehe) And the bathroom has been cleaned with some cleanser that makes it smell like McDonald's (the 'basahan" smell). :P

Also I just received my reimbursement/ meal allowance for the months of february and march. Can you believe I just worked overtime less than five days for the whole two months? hahahah. I love it. I swear I'm such a bum. I was guilty when I was chatting with this guy last night and he mentioned he would only be willing to work overtime when he's already paid a real salary (since he's still an apprentice). So what's my reason for not liking overtime? I'm paid a full salary. I don't think I can be considered an apprentice. I guess I just don't like working overtime, period. I never liked exerting more effort than necessary for something. Meal and transport allowance isn't enough to compensate for the time you may spend for yourself. The weekend is not enough for that.

Well I know I won't be a bum for the rest of my contract. I'm just enjoying it while it's still here. I've experienced last year the hell of working late every night, leaving the office around ten, and working on both saturdays and sundays. Man, I hope those days won't come for a very long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home