Monday, March 21, 2005

lonely holy week

This will be a long week. I can just tell. Even if we'll be having a three-day weekend (yes, darnit, it's only Good Friday that we get off) it will just be plain long.

I guess it has to do with knowing that my family and friends in Manila will be having a longer weekend. Probably going on vacation, doing their sacrifices, etc. While I'm here working, doing my usual routine. My only saving graces would be my visit to the doctor again this Thursday and our office Easter bash Thursday afternoon. Just to hopefully speed up my week.

And there's also the hope that I will see He-Who-Must-not-be-Named. Which I doubt. Ms. Girlfriend is here. No, I'm not jealous (who am I kidding?) It just sucks that a person could change your thinking even if you were fine just the way things were before you met that person.

I would miss having to fast with my family (at least I was able to do that with them for Ash Wednesday when I was home and we had our full meal at Mr. Choi's. Yum yum!) I will miss the no-TV, no-whatever, sacrifice. Okay, I'll confess. I have no plans of really sacrificing this Good Friday since basically my whole year is full of sacrifices. Being away from your family is a big sacrifice. Believe me.

But I don't know. Hope I will be proved wrong. Hope you guys who are on vacation will be emailing me (hint, hint). Hopefully I do get to see Mr. He-Who-Must-not-be-Named. Hopefully a miracle with happen. Do miracles happen during Holy Week as they happen during Christmas?But we'll see. We'll see.

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. ho hum a! wahhaaha!!!! well he is really missing out A LOT..big time!!! hayy..i'm sure it won't be a lonely one for you...some lucky guy will turn up...(for both of us!!! tee hee) miss yah and happy eastuhhh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home