Monday, March 21, 2005

SHORT WEEKEND

I still stick with a theory I wrote in my old entry (was still in blurty I think) that weekends feel longer if you go out Friday night.

Cuz this weekend was way too short. I did go out a bit Friday night, just for Frisbee practice, but it ended around nine. I just spent the rest of the evening watching this Brazilian film (Central Station -- taz, have you watched it? Sad...)

Then the rest of the weekend passed by in a blur.

I went to Orchard Saturday. The usual. Bought a couple of shirts for my bro. Borrowed some books from the library. (chick lit again!) Went to mass for such a looooonnng gospel. (Which was funny cuz in Manila they say "Crucify him!" but here it's "Let him be crucified!" So English. And here you get used to saying "takeaway" instead of "takeout" and "carry-on" for the plastic for your groceries. And "lift" instead of "elevator". Okay I'm getting off-track here, hehe)

Yesterday was an improvement. I did chores in the morning. Cooking and cleaning my bathroom. Ugh. But there's nothing like a newly cleaned bathroom! Then afternoon I attended the annual general meeting for UP Alumni Association of Singapore. We had the Philippine Ambassador as guest speaker. Was a riot cuz I don't know what province she's from but she kept on saying "booloonteer" instead of volunteer. Hehe. I'm so mean. The food was great though! Sushi, siomai, ice cream puffs, and some form of turn that's really good! Yum yum! But I do have a feeling I will be active in the alumni association soon. Ingrid mentioned to one of the officers that I was a student leader. So uh-oh. The guy has hinted that he will be contacting me soon. Reliving college days again!

Then afterwards we gate-crashed this children's party at the clubhouse of our condo. We didn't know the parents of the baby girl, but we know their housemate. But we didn't even feel ill at ease there even a gate-crashers. Talk about Filipino hospitality. And the food was also fabulous! Cheezy spaghetti with hotdog, cocktail hotdogs on sticks, caldereta, lemon chicken, pork asado, fish fillet, pansit, lechon paksiw, chopsuey, fried chicken, bacon-celery sticks, maja blanca, and yummy cake. I totally ate meals-past-gluttony yesterday. Have to make up for it. Like right now.

Then the weekend is over. Back at work again.

At least this is a four-day week. But sucks cuz everyone else in Manila gets either a two- or three- day week only. But better than a full week. Hopefully next weekend will be much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home