Monday, March 14, 2005

CLOSEST THING TO A BLIND DATE (in a while)

I've been to three blind dates in my whole life.

The first was for my prom. I knew what the guy looked like. He didn't know what I looked like. He was just a friend of my sister's. A true gentleman. But no fire. He was too nice, if that is possible. And we didn't have much in common. And it didn't help the dates of my friends knew each other already. I've never spoken to him after that.

The second was set up by a college friend. He was an okay friend. He wanted something more though. I haven't spoken to him in a while. My fault. But maybe it's better that way.

The third wasn't a date DATE. It's more of an eyeball thingie. I 've been chatting with this guy for a while who's really sweet and all. He wanted to meet. So there. He was a gentleman and all. But not my type. It ruined our online friendship. No more correspondence now.

Friday I met a friend of a friend. The very first time for me to see him. (I wasn't really supposed to know what he looks like. And I hope my friend didn't give him a picture of me. But the benefits of friendster gave me a sneak peak of what he looked like, hehe)

Through text, reworded:

GUY: So where do you wanna meet?
RISHA: We can meet at Breko Cafe or at Liang Seah street.
GUY: I'm not sure how to get there...
RISHA: Okay then, let's just meet at the mall then walk from there. By the fountain okay? (the only landmark I know halfway between our offices)
GUY: Haha, parang you've got mail to ah. See ya!

But it wasn't a real blind date. It's just a meeting up kind of thing. We both just happen to be in the same city. Make a new friend. (He's taken, unfortunately)

And I think I gained a good friend that evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home