Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Sucky Day

Here is a poem that circulated during my high school years. Most prolly you've heard of it too. This one I think is a longer version of what I got before. Anywayz here it goes.


ALL BECAUSE YOU KISSED ME GOODNIGHT

I Said My Pajamas and Put on My Prayers
I climbed up the door, and opened the stairs;
I said my pajamas and put on my pray'rs,
I turned off the bed and crawled into the light
And all because you kissed me goodnight.

Next morning I woke and scrambled my shoes;
I shined up an egg, then I toasted the news;
I buttered my tie, and took another bite;
And all because you kissed me goodnight.

By evening I felt normal, so we went out again
You said "Goodnight," and kissed me,
I hurried home and then, I climbed up the door,
and opened up the stairs;
I said my pajamas and put on my pray'rs;
I turned off the bed, and crawled into the light
And all because you kissed me goodnight.

I powdered my hair, and pinned up my nose;
I hung up the bath, and I turned on my clothes;
I put out the clock, and wound the cat up tight;
And all because you kissed me goodnight.

I ran up the shade and pulled down the stair;
I curled up the rug, and I vacuumed my hair;
I just couldn't tell my left foot from my right;
And all because you kissed me goodnight.

By evening I felt normal, so we went out again
You said, "Goodnight," and kissed me,
I hurried home and then,
I lifted the preacher and called up the phone;
I spoke to the dog, and I threw your Ma a bone;
'Twas midnight, and yet the sun was shining bright,
And all because you kissed me goodnight.


I do feel sucky now. (And no, no one kissed me, haha). I just remembered this poem. Everything's just going wrong. After my phone died, I lost my ATM card (so I'm cardless now and will get a new one tomorrow or Friday). I also lost one pearl earring (just the Greenhills type so no biggie. But still...) I've informed Auntie, our cleaning lady, and hopefully one of us comes across it. And my clip broke (though still usable).

And there's the cockroach in my bathroom that greeted me a good morning. And a pesky officemate who's sense of humor wasn't funny at all and hurt one of my sensitive spots.

I really don't know what's up. Bad luck one after the other.

2 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rics!!! don't fret na...im sure better days are coming. Grabe i went to ina yambao's wake last nite...it was just so sad...i saw din ina/rom...hayyy...depressing these deaths! anyways...miss na kita!!!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Stiletto Hiker said...

wahehehe...ang cute kaya nung poem rish...re-post ko sa blog ko ha...lagay ko nalang link mo. oks lang? you've just pasted a smile genuine smile on my face. i dunno y though...maybe, he can kiss me goodnight...joke!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home