Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Keeping my Sanity

It's another one of my boring work days (as you may judge by how many entries I've written for today). It's a little more than three hours till the end of office hours and I don't have anything to do (so far, that is) for the rest of the day. I've been getting headaches and getting dizzy for staring too much at the computer.

But i'm not crazy yet. There are things that have been keeping me sane for the past few weeks (out of stress or boredom):

1. Food (my ever faithful remedy -- be it chocolate, junk food, fruits, pop tarts, etc)
2. Cooking -- I enjoy cooking during the weekends. I cook for the whole week already. Just this weekend I cooked two types of veggies (brocolli and cauliflower), fish with orange sauce, and I baked apple crumble.
3. Movies -- even before I went home for the Chinese New Year break I borrowed a few movies from Tish.. the Terminal, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, etc. I loved Confessions. I also borrowed a couple of asian movies which were really funny -- Water Boys (Japanese -- a must see!) and Crazy First Love (Korean). Aside from these I still have some movies I copied into my laptop from my sister's collection
4. Mars -- not the chocolate bar but the series of Vic Zhou and Barbie Xu. It isn't so great, but Vic is adorable in this series. After this series I have "Lovers in Paris"
5. Shopping -- not that I really buy anything but going to Orchard Road makes me relax; and there's my daily walk to Suntec or Bugis Junction during my lunch break
6. American Idol and Desperate Housewives -- the only two shows that I regularly watch lately; so it is only in the three days these shows are shown that my housemates see me outside my room =P (but at least by next week there'll be Amazing Race again. Woohoo!)
7. Hoyle's Card Games -- you better download this, it's addicting. My current favorites are Poker, Gin Rummy and Go Fish (as influenced by my sister and brother)
8. Reading -- I've borrowed again books from the National Library. I'm currently reading this book by Karen Robards. So far, so good. She has a Nora Roberts style in her writing; before this I read this chick lit book about TV broadcasting. Forgot the writer and title, hehe
9. Emails from friends and relatives -- the best!
10. My sideline gigs (see previous entries)
11. Calls home (which I just limit to once a week) but hopefully if I sign up for internet I can talk for hours and more often

As you may see almost all these activities I do on my own. Seriously. I go to Orchard on my own (as I think it's best going shopping alone; no one holding you back). Yes, I've discovered I'm quite a hermit. Which is really weird. I do get along with the people around me, and I enjoy meeting new people, but most of the time I just prefer being on my own.

But hey, it's in being on my own that I keep myself sane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home