Tuesday, January 25, 2005

New Project!

Woohoo! I've been assigned to a new project. It's the renovation of one of the malls along Orchard road -- Lucky Plaza. FYI, it's the hangout of Filipinos especially Sundays. I don't know how that came about. As in I saw this book on Singapore sights and stuff and it actually mentioned that Lucky Plaza is a hangout of Filipina maids. Hahahaha. It's also where I buy my phone cards (which are pretty cheap -- 4 pesos per minute. not ad eh?) and my sudden cravings (where I bought my champorado last year)

So anyways, back to the project. the idea is to open up the mall to the street since the government is promoting more activity along Orchard Road. So think what Megamall did with the Megastrip and even the Greenbelt 3 Starbucks area.

So I can't wait! I don't know yet Mun Kit will have me do. I truly hope I won't get stuck just being a draftsman for this project. But so far my experience with Mun Kit is that he allows you to design too. Problem with him is that he doesn't take time to pass on knowledge. Like if he revises your design he won't really say why. You'll just learn when the changes have been made. But it's a whole lot better than being stuck in a rut just drafting all day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home