Monday, January 17, 2005

Will Be Home Again!

It's final more or less! I've decided to come home for the Chinese New Year break. That's nine days, including my flight dates. I know it isn't much but it would surely be great to be home again! Factors that made me decide on it:

1. I have to finalize the plans for the house I'm designing for my brother-in-law in Canyon Woods. They plan on having it constructed starting this summer so I have to finalize stuff with him.
2. Money isn't an issue anymore (in terms of the flight expense) cuz I unexpectedly receive a salary bonus! Woohoo! The only issue I was reluctant to spend for the flight going home was that it was never part of my two-year budget.
3. I don't have any other practical choice. The only other place I want to go to for that break is Bangkok. I have no one to go with. As for Tish and Ingrid, they suddenly want to go somewhere more expensive (since I've always been firm on my 500-dollar budget) since we got a bonus. Also, I think I need a break from Singapore-related people.
4. I have to see my pamangkin again!
5. I have to help my dad with this long overdue mini business venture.

There are other small issues. But the bottomline is, I'll be home again and be surrounded by people I love! Woohoo! During that period I will go out with my cousins, my friends, visit the dentist, go to the grocery, shop, have my DVD marathons, get more Korean movies from my sister, go back to dial-up internet (haha), eat lots and lots (and make up for it the following months, heheheh) , try out the cheap fondue set I bought during my Christmas vacation (really cheap! less than 300 pesos! I wonder how long it will last...), and look for the VCD of Because of You :P I also shall visit Arch. Recto. I have to think of a decent pasalubong for him :)

And oh yeah, my parents have no idea I'm coming home. Heheheheh. Major surprise. Only my oldest sister knows since she and my brother-in-law will be picking me up at the airport.

Well, I've already gotten over my homesickness spell. I guess knowing I'll be coming home again helped. Getting my groove back helped too -- going to Orchard and borrowing a few books from the National Library. So I could handle it.

Anyways, I can't wait till Feb 5!

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger mush said...

Hi Rish! I'm excited for you and your parents. Nai-imagine ko na yung reaction ng mom and dad mo. Your parents would surely be touched that you chose to spend your vacation with them.:) Sana nga we could meet up while you're here! Hehe, we'll take great pictures...and I'll bring along Marvin, hehe.:)

About my reply email, I guess that'll have to wait until Thursday night. I suddenly got swamped with work. Hehe. I'll tell you all about it na lang sa email.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home