Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Home for the Holidays

So I survived going home for the holidays. I’ve been warned that first holidays at home would be the hardest, and it was hard – the anticipation of going home after months of being on your own, and the hardest was leaving again. But life goes on. I think I could handle it.

So what did I achieve with going home?

1. I finally saw my first nephew. Lio is the most adorable thing. It was great that my sister and her family decided to sleep over a few times while I was there. Basically the whole vacation was spent mostly with my family.

2. I watched 3 Korean movies – the Classic (a must-see!), Oh! Happy Day, and He Was Cool – plus, A Cinderella Story (Chad Michael Murray is so hot!), The Notebook, Harold and Kumar (still doesn’t beat Road Trip), and Raising Helen.

3. I reunited myself with cable TV (I so miss etc) and I was able to watch the last episode of Sex and the City. I felt for Carrie when she enjoyed the sights of Paris and the shopping but was lonely :(
I went to the malls I missed the most – Megamall, Galleria and Greenhills. I also visited for the first time Market! Market! and Robinsons Pioneer.

4. I met up with friends (turns out of them – let’s call her Selya, hahahah – is no longer single. So woohoo! Hope her luck in love will rub off on me)

5. I've gone to Duty Free for the first time. And it was the first time I've been called an OFW (waaaahhhhh...) Duty Free isn't so great. It's just like Shopwise or Cost U Less. Their Palm corned beef was pretty cheap though.

6. I went to the New Year Countdown celebration at The Fort for the first time. Good thing my parents agreed to go there, since they've always imagined it to be jam-packed when actually it wasn't. The fireworks were great (30 minutes!) I think we'll be going there again next year.

So now it’s 2005. Back to Singapore. It was really hard going back. But Kingsley assured me a year is very quick in Singapore (as a Singaporean cab driver once told me) This is because as of now my next trip back home would be on the second week of December. But I’m still waiting for this budget airline to start flying to Manila. If that happens I could consider going home during long weekends or even during Chinese New Year this February.

Yesterday, a day after I get back from Manila, I went back to work. I was greeted with a pile of goodies on my desk. It turns out it’s been office tradition that the items in the gift hampers from the suppliers get distributed among the staff. I ended up with a Raffles Hotel desk calendar, two boxes of jelly candies, a packet of peanuts, and a box of crackers.

Oh yeah, I was also greeted with a note from our IT guy letting me know I shouldn’t go online since my anti-virus software isn’t working. But I couldn’t help it. The “Clear History” tool has been my best friend for the past two days. Hahahhaa.

And yesterday, there’s a new guy in the office. He’s in the other team. And he isn’t bad looking. Think Chinese version of TJ Manotoc. I don’t know if you can imagine. But he’s pretty tall. I heard he’s from NUS too.

But I took yesterday afternoon off, since the doctor gave me medical leave for the afternoon. My cough and cold were pretty bad. So funny I went back to work just to take medical leave. Hehhe.

So I don’t know if my year started right or what. But nevertheless, here are a few new year resolutions:

I’ll minimize my intake of carbs.
I’ll set up my room according to feng shui and hopefully get good luck in my love life.
I’ll save more money so I could sign up for unlimited internet and hopefully sign up or TFC online :P

But there are a few things I'm looking forward to for this year:

1. Won Bin is coming to town! In case you don't know him he's Andrew in Endless Love 1 and he was part of Taegukgi (Brotherhood of War). He's coming July. So woohoo!

2. My parents will come visit me. (It's still a secret. They don't know yet, hehe.) Around my birthday. Partly selfish of me since I don't want to be alone during my birthday. Hopefully my sister and her family will come too.

3. The chance of meeting someone. Who knows right? Every year you always have that hope.

Hope it being the year of the rooster it would be good for me (since I am born in the year of the rooster too). Happy new year to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home