Sunday, December 12, 2004

Cupid's Arrow Caught Me

Be still, my heart.

I finally found my crush here in Singapore. It was lust at first sight. Haha, just kidding. But what sucks is that I know absolutely nothing could come out of it.

To put it plainly, he’s too beautiful for me.

Okay, I guess I better rewind first on how I actually saw him. (I better warn you the following might be a bit too detailed, mushy or maybe even carnal. Hahahahahha.)

I had my first ever semi-photo shoot today. My friend who’s in a talent agency phoned me to let me know they were looking for 20 extras for this photo shoot. I had no idea what it was for. She just told me to dress in office attire. Nothing to lose since my Sunday was free and the pay wasn’t bad for an extra role.


So I got there, not really knowing what to expect. We were all to go to the studio at 9:45am sharp. When I got there ten minutes early, he caught my eye. (Also this speech-impaired guy who tried out for Singapore Idol, but that's an irrelevant story)

So I knew he was the "star" as we were the "extras". My other co-extras were of different ages and races and builts. I was the only non-Singaporean there.

Just to let you know, the shoot is for SingTel (FYI, in case you didn't know, SingTel is to Smart or Globe in the Philippines. They're my current handphone service provider.).

So the shot is that all us extras are "reporters" or "paparazzi" hoping to get an interview or a shot of him. I was one of the ones wanting an interview. I was holding an MP3 player which should look like a voice recorder.

And I was standing right next to him!

The first batch of shots didn't make me too self conscious since he was just looking at the camera while everyone else was gaping at him. The first thing the photogrqapher told us extras was that don't be limp, act as if you want something from him.

And dammit, I wanted him!

Okay, I should go easy with the exclamation points. I haven't reached the clincher yet. During the second batch of shots the photographer asked him to turn sideways. He told him to either face the guy to his right or the lady at his left -- me! One of the guys beside me joked, "Of course the lady, lah!" Everyone laughed as he turned to face me. I had to thrust the MP3 player close to his mouth as he was looking at me. Darn it, I bet I was blushing. Half of the time I was staring at his lips, but half of the time I dared to look staright into his eyes. Of course there were some moments I couldn't take it and decided to look at the photographer. I bet he know he was making me feel conscious.

Darn it, even if it was just posing for a shoot I've never stared at anyone like that and I've never had anyone stare at me that way. It was all for show. But darn it, darn it, darn it.

HE'S SO HOT.

You may be wondering what he looks like. He's 192 cm (according to him; I heard him tell one of the extras. But shy ol' me, I never got to talk to him) so that's around 6'3". He's European or part European. He has the greatest pair of eyes I've ever stared at (as if I've stared at a lot...). They're light brown, almost hazel. And the longest eyelashes that don't make him look gay. He has a perfect set of teeth and I wonder why his gums aren't dark when he smoked around four sticks in the span of three hours. He has those stylish hairstyles that reached his nape. I guess the Trent Ford hairstyle in the Eternity Moment ad.

His name is Edward, that's all I've gathered from the shoot. And I still melt whenever I remember staring into his eyes.

They might call us in again Tuesday evening. I hope to God he's still in it. If ever that pushes through that is. I swear I'll really try to talk to him if ever.

But again, he's too beautiful for me. I won't get anything out of speaking to him if ever. These are the times I wish I looked more like my model friends.

But I'm glad my hair wasn't too frizzy today. (I'm really thinking of having my hair rebonded next year). I'm glad I wore my feel-good office clothes. I'm glad my colds didn't act up during the shoot. (But I guess I would have definitely caught his attention if I sneezed at him! Hahahahahha. My mind is definitely going crazy now.)

I'll just hope and pray I'll see him again.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Lesley Ardelle said...

Hey Rish! natuwa ako sa entry mo...hehehe. I could feel your kilig-ness from way over here. hahaha! It's nice to have crushes...parang it awakens the kid in you somehow. sometimes diba, when looking back at hs days, parang ang bababaw natin noon...mga crushes ang MUs and weird mushy stuff. Haha. pero if you think about it, masaya naman talaga magkacrush. it keeps us young. Don't worry if you think he's "too gorgeous" for you...it's just one side. malay mo, he thinks you're pretty! sometimes kasi we let intimidation get the best of us before we actually step into new territories. diba? haha. labo ba? basta! if you think he's cute, no use fighting it. Daydream all you want! I think it's fun! hehehehe :) Bkt nga pala ayaw mo paalam kay chow? :D

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger RT said...

Hahahah, It's been a while kasi since I've had a crush. It really does feel great even if it's just a one-sided chemistry thingie. If only everyday may crush ka. I trully need an inspiration :P Ayaw ko ipaalam kay chow cuz I didn't tell anyone from the office. hahaha. Better to make sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home