Monday, December 06, 2004

A61 Family Day and Dinner & Dance

This weekend (since Friday) the staff of the company went to Malacca, Malaysia for its annual Dinner & Dance and Family Day.

It was not bad. There isn’t really that much to do in Malacca. It was just a good thing our hotel was a short walk to one of the bigger malls there, Parkson Grand.

The family day, the committee I am part of, actually went well. More people came than we expected. The dinner and dance was fun, with good food and pretty entertaining program (we had an Architects 61 Idol – not so original but entertaining nevertheless).

Was able to buy some local food a bit for pasalubong. Was able to go to the Chinatown area (Jonkers) and was able to try local dessert Chendol, was able to eat authentic Nonya cooking, and wasted 4 dollars to enter this museum that I could have lived without going to.

More or less, the highlights of the vacation were:

I ruined my diet by having four buffet meals.
I was lusting after one of my colleague’s boyfriend or husband (some said they weren’t married yet but some said already were; hope to find a pic of him, hahahah)
I finally have a Malaysian stamp on my passport.
I’ve bonded with some of my colleagues.

So now we’re back to work just the day after. I’m sleepy. (as everyone is still hung over from the trip). I’ve temporarily moved to the fourth floor, where I will work till Friday (we’ll be reporting to the new office by Monday). We’re rushing for our project (but until Wednesday only I think but I’m just helping out so it isn’t too hectic). My head is aching. Prolly due to the blurry monitor I’m temporarily using. And thus this lazy entry.

Here are the pics. Will post the rest when I get em from my colleagues.



Ingrid, me and Tish before the Family Day



Start of Family Day



Family Day



Formosa



Some Government Building




The Famour Melaka Church



Lunch with Adi, Ingrid, Tish and Dan

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Lesley Ardelle said...

Hey Rish, your outing looked really fun. :) I think I have an exact same picture in front of that brown mansion...the sultan's palace? haha. I forget. Your company's really splurging for family days and parties and stuff eh? Did they pay for hotel accommodations and stuff? So when are you coming home? I bet you're excited! I'm not feeling the Christmas excitement yet...puro OT here at work so I haven't had any Christmas shopping done! :( gaaaaahhh. too bad you're not coming home in time for the homecoming. pero i dunno what to expect rin there. I think im more excited in seeing the yearbook than going there to eat and stuff. hahahahaha

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger RT said...

It was fun, since I got to bodn with colleagues and meet some of their families and loved ones. This dinner and dance was special since it's the 30th anniversary of the firm. So it's a bit more lavish. Usually it's just in a hotel or something like. Last year it was in a ship but some people got seasick, hehe. I'm so excited to go home and I guess despite the late nights at work the anticipation is greater since I also can't wait for the break. And there's nothing like Christmastime to enjoy that break! Happy Holidays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home