Thursday, January 06, 2005

Problemizing Over Chinese New Year

Here's the thing. The office has an annual shutdown on the week of Chinese New Year. That's 9 days of break. Right now I have two options:

1. Wait for Joyce's response if she can go to Bangkok. I know I should take advantage of going abroad while I am still here since it's cheaper to get to Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand from here. I've never been to Bangkok. But will the tsunami and all, maybe Joyce will not be allowed (I'm assuming) or maybe the country will still be grieving or something.

2. Go home. I know I just got back. But comparing my previous trips to Bintan and Malacca there's nothing like going home. I enjoy trips best when I am with my family or old friends. Whenever we go to outings I always wish I had my family or friends to experience it with me.

Okay, advantages and disadvantages. Cost-wise, I guess they'll be the same. The round-trip ticket to Manila is 520 dollars. I'm waiting for this budget airlines to come up with flights to Manila though. (I could get tickets almost half the price there) For Bangkok, the ticket will be around 200 to 300 dollars. Plus shopping money. I'm assuming they would cost around the same.

Both Tish and Ingrid are thinking of going home too. I guess I can just wait for Joyce's response to help me decide.

Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home