Friday, February 18, 2005

First Valentines Abroad

I don't know why I'm even bothering to write about this. I guess Valentines in the same time zone is still the same for me. I spend it alone, of course.

It was the first work day after my week home for the short holiday, so I didn't really anticipate V-Day. It was just another working day. Except I saw Mei get Tisha a small bouquet of flowers. I dunno why. Nothing else special happened in the office. Not like in school that people get stuff from secret admirers. That Arkaira makes harana (I miss those days...) That Sir O gives his Talk With Your Angel sessions (I miss Sir O!) No frats giving away roses.

I saw a bunch of couples with the girls holding these small bouquets. As I told an acquanitance, same time next year I'll be selling those flowers.

Okay, fine, I'll cut through the chase. This entry isn't about hearts or flowers or V-Day related stuff. Last February 14 I did something for the first time. I auditioned for a small role in a Korean movie.

Surprised?

I'm also quite surprised I did it actually.

It was a spur of the moment thing. My agent called me that afternoon. She told me about the audition that very evening. I didn't want to spend the evening of V-Day at work or doing mindless stuff in the apartment. I already had the copy of the episode of Desperate Housewives anyways so I could miss it. I was also curious how it would go. I also wanted to meet someone Korean and boast it to my sister and mom (yes, they are Korean fanatics, and one of the things I got from them last Christmas is a copy of Lovers in Paris which I now have in my laptop)

So I said yes, I could make it. I didn't have anything to lose anyway.

So I went to the Serviced Apartments lobby of Great World City where I met fellow members of the agency. We were grouped into boys and girls and we met the Korean director. My agent called him Mr. Shim. He's young, I'm guessing early thirties. He had the Bae Yong Jun (guy in Winter Sonata) hair. He had us go by pairs (There were five of us so one had to act twice). He just gave a situation that one would play a customer and the other a saleslady (But he calls a saleslady a shopper so I got confused for a second). Out of five of us girls three have experience in acting for television. (I was the only one in her 20's the rest were 30's or 40's) But I tell you... we all don't know how to act. Since I wasn't really pressured I was just myself, coming up with lines the second they came to me. Came out senseless I think. I was never good with ad lib.

So that was it. Only around ten minutes with the director. That goes to my book of firsts. My agent called me the next day to say the director liked me from that batch since according to him I look Korean. But since my agent didn't call me again I guess he found someone else from the second batch that auditioned the next evening. Oh well. I didn't really want to act. I just wanted to know who's the lead in the movie. I'd die if it was Won Bin (which is impossible since he's in National Service) or one of the cute guys in The Classic.

I only told my family about this audition. They were also curious about the cast of the movie and what it was about but like me they were concerned that it would conflict with my work. (I would only have agreed to it if the daily pay was more than what I make per day, haha) I guess I also just wanted to find out if I would make it. Guess not. But it's flattering that the director noticed me. The only thing that made me self-conscious during the audition was that I wore a short skirt to work that day and I forgot to shave my legs. Hahahahahah.

Oh well. I should stick to commercials. At least they're just one-day deals. My agent contacted me for something supposedly today but it was during office hours and the pay wasn't enough. I'm curious what it's about though. But better not to find out. Cuz I'll just die if it has anything to do with VJ Utt. (Aaaaahhhh!)

Which reminds me, I went to the MTV office Tuesday to claim my Natasha Bedingfield single. It's a really funky office. Of course I only got to the receptionist area but the feel of the office was very cool. Wish I could visit it again another time. Hopefully if Denise comes back for another season of filming maybe I can ask her if I can visit the studio, hehe.

Anyways, it's the weekend! And as of now I have nothing else to do here at work (with two hours left!) so I can go around six. Hopefully something cool comes up during the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home