Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Miss Independent

Being independent has its pro's and con's.

The pro's, I guess, are obvious. You make your own decisions. In my experience being independent in a relatively user-friendly city means going out whenever I want to (but not out OUT like gimiks and stuff, as I have and will always be a homebody though I go out once in a while), it is actually easier to diet since there is no one to influence me to eat after 6 o' clock (although there are rare times that I do end up eating, especially when I'm out shopping), and it is easier to save money. Of course there's also no obligation to report to anyoen everything you do. Youc an get away from doing stupid stuff. You can do crazy stuff, stuff outside your norm.

As for the con's, the biggest I guess is that you do your chores on your own. For Christmas my friend gave me a set of gorgeous Victoria's Secret underwear but I vowed not to use them while I'm still here and since I'm still doing my own laundry. Seriously. In eight months (yeah, can you believe it? I've been here already a little bit over eight months!) I've ruined two pieces of underwear. I'm pretty sure the cause points to the way I wash or dry them. Plus there's a few pieces of clothing (some newly-bought, boohoo) that have been stained due to the mix of colors I put together in one washing. Okay, okay, I'm learning.

I don't want to be on my own for the rest of my life (as the last thing I wanna be is a spinster) and I swear I will really include hiring a helper in my future household budget. Cuz so far, the clothes I've ruined could be equivalent to one month's worth of helper salary. Okay, I'm exaggerating. But of course there's the regret and the sadness of seeing ruined clothing. I haven't been buying much clothes since I got here. Quality over quantity now, they may say. (As I used to be a quantity over quality gal during my college days) so now I feel more towards my clothes. I don't know if I could still become a Martha Stewart in the coming months, but hope it improves. Heaven help me.

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Lesley Ardelle said...

Hey Risha! :) I think living alone is a real challenge...I've been thinking about moving out of the house for a long time now, since it's really more convenient to live nearer to Makati. But I just can't bring myself to do it cause home is much more comfortable and familiar, isn't it? I dunno if I'm capable of living by myself since I'm really lazy especially when it comes to household chores. :p Haha. I'm really looking forward to FREEDOM *if* ever i decide to live away from home, since my mom told me that I can make up my own rules *THEN* (I think she knows me too well. She knows I would never leave home..haha, well, not in the near future anyway). I feel so trapped rin kasi at home with my parents since they still have a lot of rules for me to follow eh, especially in going out. I mean, I'd rather stay at home rin, like you, but when the time comes when I *want* to go out nahihirapan ako parati magpaalam. Like my friends say "ano ba yan, 22 (turning 23 soon) ka na!!!" It *does* sound kinda pathetic when put that way, doesn't it? Hahaha.

Ang haba na ng comment ko ah. Haha. Sorry. :) I guess I feel strongly about this topic. :D

BTW, my birthday is on the 27th. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home