Tuesday, February 22, 2005

My Debut as an International Extra

From my previous entry, it turns out I was selected from the audition. And it turns out it isn't a Korean movie but a Korean series entitled "A Wonderful Life" which stars Kim Jae Won of "Mr. Arrogant" (a fun watch) and Eugene from "Loving You". The first portion of the series is shot in Singapore and for one day (yesterday) I was one of the extras. I honestly don't know why I had to audition to be one of the extras. All the other extras didn't audition and although they're receiving less than I am, my role wasn't different from theirs. I was just in one shot more than them. I don't even have a speaking role.

And the Korean culture is different altogether. They seem to be having fun while filming. They're a bit distant though. I guess since not much of them know how to speak English. They had to have a translator to communicate with us. But the aura of the actors are quite unique. You really won't get star struck with them. They have doll-like faces and looks that make them stand out but you won't really ogle over them.

But I had fun. I can't make a habit of it though since I had to miss work for it. But I'm looking forward to the next assignment! Hope it would be as fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home