Thursday, February 24, 2005

Runaway Jilter

I'm ashamed to call myself this, but that's how I've been.

To spell it out for you, when I'm not interested in someone, I run. And hide.

Over the years I've learned to be more frank about my feelings. And one of my entries eons ago has talked about me giving mixed signals. So apparently my frankness comes out all wrong. So I go back to my sure-shot technique of hiding. You know -- unanswered phone calls (with my family as an accomplice, bless them), not replying to text messages, avoiding the subject, cutting conversations short. I give him the cold shoulder.

Yes, I could be a sissy. But I've tried. I guess someone can say, "Well you haven't tried enough." Maybe I haven't. I guess I need more time to learn and master it.

The Art of Jilting. Anyone has tips?


* * *

You may be wondering why I wrote about this. I just came to wonder out of boredom about the boys (take note, not men) that have been a victim of my runaway act. Right now I could think of at least four. I'm wondering about some of them.

And in relation to this, VJ Utt is coming up with a drama series in a local channel entitled "Chase". Ten years ago he was a geek pining after this semi-popular girl. Ten years he becomes a stud and the girl regrets giving him the cold shoulder years ago.

Hope that doesn't happen to me.

2 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Blogger mush said...

hehe...ako rin. guilty as charged. i just wax philosphical about it and comfort myself in the fact that guys should know better when a girl suddenly appears to be unavailable.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Lesley Ardelle said...

I'm also guilty of being a "JILTER" hahaha. Sometimes kasi boys just don't get it. It has happened to be when I was still single, and it *still* happens now that I'm unavailable (like Mumty's point earlier). Boys don't know when to quit! It's annoying, so sometimes they can't blame us for being so mataray to them. I don't have any patience for people like that. Hehehe. I'm mean. :) Pero in fairness, at the start, I give them the benefit of the doubt naman eh. I'm nice to them at the start...kasi I don't want to be too assuming. Pero when I feel that they're showing more feelings than I can handle, I disappear, albeit gradually. It's hard, this art of jilting. I can't say I know how to do it. You just have to wing it. Hahah. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home