Friday, March 04, 2005

unexpected

Friday's events weren't quite what I expected. The only thing I was looking forward to supposedly was that I took one hour time off before lunch to go to the bank to get a new ATM card.

But then work didn't allowing me to do that.

First, Mun Kit (the guy I'm working with for Lucky Plaza) had to take leave due to the tragic accident of his parents in Malaysia the previous night. His father passed away and his mother was in critical condition. I truly fel for him though of course that is just a minute fraction of what he's going through right now. I could just cry for him.

So that left me to prepare the drawings for the Lucky Plaza submission this Monday. So of course to finish it quickly I wasn't able to go to the bank.

And then Mun Kit was also working on this condominium project with this new guy Albert. I was tasked to help out last minute to prepare for this afternoon's presentation.

So there goes my time off.

But at least I was not stuck doing nothing anything. There are times you actually appreciate work given to you. If you enjoy it, that is.

Which reminds me. Our CEO fed us all cake again Friday. It turns out the Changi Airport Terminal 1 project was awarded to us. The second time we were able to beat SOM. Cool huh? I have nothing to do with the project but it's pretty prestigious.

Saturday, I just went shopping for a gift since I was attending a children's party Sunday. Fortunately there was a baby fair at Takashimaya and I was able to buy cute (and pink of course!) socks for little girls. And at a discounted price!
So good timing. Not that the socks I got were expensive, hehe.

Sunday I did go to the children's party. Good food. Good cake. Was a bigger party than what I expected since my friend (the father) was active in their church.

Then I met Tina Bulahan. She's in the same church as him, UP graduate (MBB). And coincidentaly she lives in my village! Our parents know each other. She's older than I am, 30s, though still single I think. Coming from a family of singers (her brother was part of The Tux, if you remember that). Although she graduated with an MBB degree, she's practising marketing. Hehehe. According to her it's perfect for her since she loves to talk. She alse does voice overs at the side. Cool huh?

So anyways, meeting her made me realize that I can actually think out of the box concerning my life, my stay here, etc. After my two-year contract, if I have learnt to very much enjoy my stay here, I could actually look for work in another field. Something I could be passionate about (I tell, you I am NOT passionate about my work right now; I guess I've never been passionat ebaout architecture.)

So there. At least I have another option. I don't have to tie myself to this firm. If I do realize by July next year that I wanna stay here for whatever reason, I could actually do something more fun and fulfilling.

Yesterday I had to take medical leave (well not HAD to, but I opted to stay home of course hehe). My index finger is swollen due to an infection. So I'm E.T. for a few days, hehe. I had the doctor check. And she was nice enough to let me go home and rest. Yahoo! One free day for pigging out, watching movies, finishing the MARS series (weird ending, hehe), and reading my latest chick lit book. What a dream! It was worth the swollen finger, even if it hurts. The doctor said if it doesn't improve in a few days they would have to scrape it off (ouch!) but I swear if it means another extra free day or two I'm definitely up for it!














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home