Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Let's Talk about Crushes

I could easily find a guy cute but crushes come only once in a while (like once or twice a year only, seriously!) And when I say "crush" there's the physical attraction, the admiration for his personality, and of course the hope that something can develop from it.

And it's funny that whenever I have a crush several other friends of mine suddenly have crushes too. What is this, spring fever?

Anyways, having a crush has its own advantages and disadvantages.

The main disadvantage is that it could be really stressful. Really! Having something (or rather, someone) dominate your thoughts is nerve-racking. And the way your heart skips whenever you get a text message or a phone call. Isn't that a minor heart attack? And of course there's the failure to concentrate at almost absolutely anything. (The poem I posted a few entries back holds true -- even if you weren't kissed!) And the lack of sleep of course. You also tend to spend beyond your budget for dinner or drinks. Or a movie. You just can't resist meeting up ith your crush again!

Then the advantages. You lose your appetite, which is definitely good. It's either that, or you are motivated to go on a diet to impress him. (I tell you, even if it doesn't impress him it could actually work on someone else -- and hopefully someone even better!) Not just the diet. You are also motivated to fix yourself up some more in the hope of a chance that you might cross paths with him during the day. Long walks and waiting for the bus/train becomes entertaining because thinking of your crush (read: daydreaming) becomes your favorite pasttime. You tend to smile more (that it could actually make you look stupid sometimes -- smiling even when you're on your own) therefore people notice more. (example for my point: I was walking along Orchard Road when a cute foreigner smiled at me... great!) You also become more sociable.

I'm sure there are much more advantages and disadvantages for having a crush. But in my list so far, I may be subjective in deciding that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. And definitely if your crush develops into something more, it would all be worth it!

3 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger mush said...

Yihee! Inspired! I'm so happy for you.^^ We all need to be inspired so that we always look forward to something.^^

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger RT said...

Hahaha, I'm inspired for the wrong reason but I might as well make the most of it even if there's no hope for me. At least some good things will still come out of it :)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger joyce said...

like taz, im also happy for you rish!!! who knows? :)

your entry is like a lecture / magazine article / something lifted from self-help books. pwede ka na maging guidance counselor. hehe. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home