Sunday, March 27, 2005

oh man, oh man...

This long weekend was busier than what I expected. I just thought I'd be bumming in my room, reading, surfing, or even working on the house I'm designing at Canyon Woods. But things came up, and I'm tired and lack sleep, haha.

So I've already written about Friday's last-minute gimik with Mr. Ho-hum and Ms. Girlfriend (I don't know why I refuse to say their names but oh well...). That was fun. There are times that you could actually enjoy clubbing. But once in a while only for me. I don't know how some people get to do it every weekend. To each his own.

Then yesterday Ingrid, Marnie and I prepared lunch for some Filipino friends in our unit. Just a get-together. We prepared adobo, monggo, tortang talong and camaron rebusado. Then we had ice cream and bananas for dessert. Yum yum. I ate too much, haha. Then that afternoon I went to orchard to supposedly return some book at the national library (but I ended up forgetting to bring the books, haha) so I just walked around a bit until I met my friend half past seven.

I just met this guy Steve in a barbecue party a couple of weeks back. Really friendly. We actually invited other people to join us but the bottomline was that it was just the two of us for dinner. We had japanese. Fabulous dragon roll with ebi and avocados. It was nice talking to someone. He's been here more or less as long as Ingrid -- almost four years. After dinner we had coffee at Spinelli's. (actually I had this drink called cookie spin, haha, but it had a hint of coffee)

Mr. Ho-hum texted me that they would be at clarke quay at 12. I wanted to go since I'd be meeting another schoolmate based here. Steve wouldn't be able to go since he was too tired since he played badminton and basketball during the afternoon. So I headed to Clarke Quay to meet Mr. Ho-Hum, Ms. Girlfriend, the other schoolmate of mine Carissa, two of her friends she met at Yale (Americans Sarah and Alonzo, who is gay) and this Indian guy she works with at P&G. (the Indian guy is actually quite cute)

So at Clarke Quay it turns out Mr. Ho-Hum and Ms. Girlfriend haven't had dinner (at 12 midnight!) so I joined them (of course I didn't eat anymore) at Tapas Tree. We all just reminisced our college and high school days. They're both cool anyways. (Yes, I'm truly happy for them -- they're perfect for each other and I wish them well. And I mean it) Then Carissa, the Indian guy (I couldn't catch his name but it sounded like Nithin --like Nathan -- weird), Sarah and Alonzo caught up with us. Alonzo wanted to go to a gay bar at Tanjong Pagar. The three of us actually wanted to go to the gay bar just to check out what happens in one. But when we got there there was a cover charge of 15 dollars which wasn't worth just to try getting into a gay bar. Haha. But they told me it was just a place with topless guys and gay men grinding. Hahhaha. I don't think I could handle that.

So we just decided to transfer (leaving Alonzo in his gay bar) and transfer to Chijmes where this bar named Insomia had a resident band composed of Filipinos. So-so band. And the crowd ranges from jologs Pinoys to foreigners. They just had a drink (I couldn't handle any food or beverage intake anymore) and chatted. They're all cool. We were there till three in the morning.

Then we split when Sarah had to go back since her flight the next day (today) is at 10 in the morning.

I slept at half past three and over slept. I got up at 9. (luckily, since the mass I was attending was at 9!) So I rushed but made it enough to catch the homily. Then when I got back I had to bake apple crumble for Ingrid (my very first client! Haha)

So there. I'm exhausted, full (for everything I consumed during the long weekend) and sleepy. I should catch a few z's in a while.

So this weekend wasn't so bad. Unexpected. A weekend of splurging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home