Saturday, November 12, 2005

crazy friday

Our organization (alumni association) arranged a last-minute fund-raising party last night to help in our aim to sponsor a scholar in our alma mater starting next year.

With the plans just started Wednesday night, it was a bit crazy. We didn’t expect much. I tried inviting my friends but one by one they came up with their excuses not to go. Karma for me, maybe, since I’m sometimes the one who comes up with the alibis.

But nevertheless, I compensated the lack of invitees by coming earlier to help set up. I have been trying to be active in the organization. It was the least I could do.

Anyways, it had a slow start but by eleven people started coming. And in a while the party was in full swing. People were readily paying the cover charge, donating for everything, and just plain having fun. I was even surprised to see some socialites known in Manila.

Even if I didn’t come with anyone to the party, I had lots of fun. I got along with most of my mates in the organization anyway. But there are still these creepy guests who I were or I felt were hitting on me.

One is this weird Brazilian guy (There were two Brazilian men, and the other was hitting on my friend) who told me he was chasing me, and he wanted me to dance with him. I told him I don’t dance. And when I couldn’t stand his pestering anymore I left him mid-sentence and talked to a friend of mine (a friend of my sister’s). Thank God she saved me.

Then there’s this guy in his 40’s. He’s actually part of the organization. His wife was well. His wife has been becoming active lately. But I caught him watching me several times (He was already drunk of course.) And at one point he suddenly gave me his name card and told me to call me. (What am I? A call girl?!?) So I just shrugged him off. Then later on when everyone was dancing he was dancing close to me and if I remember right he kind of took my hand. Which I pulled away quickly. Eek!

Then there’s my other orgmate who’s married and who has hit on me before while he was drunk but last night he was hitting on every girl. He was admitting he was taking advantage haha. But he was my semi-friend anyways and I know he won’t mean any harm.

There was another guy who was singling me out but he was decent. Just drunk that night. But it was interesting when we found out that he was a former officemate and a friend of my sister’s. Definitely a small world.

So indeed it was a crazy night. Got a bit tipsy. For a while I was talking senseless. But I had loads of fun. So now I understand that it could be actually fun getting a tad intoxicated. For those who do it every week or more often, I don’t quite understand why yet. But maybe it’s something you get used to.

But it was a successful night. We were actually able to raise enough for more than half of the scholar’s one school year. How cool is that? It exceeded beyond our expectations. Job well done!

So a few more of those fun crazy evenings, and we would be making a deserving student’s dream come true.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Lesley Ardelle said...

You have to admit though...it's fun knowing that guys are checking you out. Haha. It just sucks when the guys are not worth checking out too. hahahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home