Sunday, January 07, 2007

auld lang syne

I just learned "auld lang syne" meant "days long past". Before that all I know it's the new year song, which was playing when Moira Kelly and DB Sweeney kissed in Cutting Edge, and when Ashton Kutcher kissed Amanda Peet last minute in A Lot Like Love. Guess I just wanted to give the impression this is my "it's-a-new-year-now-what" entry.

So here it goes.

2006 has been one of my toughest years to date. Maybe if I paid attention to my horoscope when the year started (and IF i believed in astrology) it would have said the year of the rooster and/or people under the gemini sign would have a series of bad luck for the year. It was emotionally tough. But of course it wasn't all bad. There will always be good things mixed in with the bad. I just hope I could say I turned out to be stronger after the past months. Well we'll see. I guess what I learned from 2006 is to not take things for granted, and to be thankful for your family and friends who don't let you down when you're in need.

So with 2006 officially over (Okay, I'm like 7 days too late to say that), I look forward to 2007 with hope, excitement and anxiety.

My New Year's Resolution for 2007 is this: to learn to love myself more.

It seems very broad I know. I did that intentionally. I read somewhere that if you have too much resolutions for the year you won't be able to achieve them, so it's easier to just have one and track it throughout the year.

But I'm cheating actually. The same article said you can have sub-resolutions to support that one resolution so that's what I'm doing. To achieve my resolution I thought of a couple of means to achieve it, both of them relevant to me and what I experienced for the past year and so:

1. Work towards my dreams and not get side-tracked. I spent 2006 stuck in a job I wasn't happy with. I stayed for the wrong reasons and this year is my time to find what I truly want to do.
2. Improve more my lifestyle when it comes to health. I think I was able to address this a bit last year, taking care of my physical activities and disciplining myself (a bit) when it comes to my diet. I will be more focused this year.

And when hopefully I achieve learning to leave myself more, I would learn to open up to others more, gain more confidence in socializing and sustaining relationships. I've been quite a hermit for the past year and I need to work on it.

Phew. My resolution seems quite heavy huh? But since it's just 7 days into the year I'm still a bit optimistic. For the first method I've already updated my resume and applied online to a couple of companies. For the second I've improved my weekly workout. The only difficulty would be to sustain them.

Happy New Year everyone! Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home