Wednesday, January 10, 2007

morning thoughts

I'm not a coffee drinker. Coffee sometimes give me migraines, and it reminds me of my college days that I had to be awake for 72 hours straight or I had to keep myself awake for a boring professor's morning class. A bit traumatic too since one terror professor singled me out for yawning too much in class. (okay, okay, he didn't publicly humiliate me but he gave a warning to the class in general and I was guilty since I was seated on the front row and yawning away.)

But the mixed scent of coffee, hot chocolate, toasted bread... provides good memories. Reminds me of mornings when my family used to go to Baguio at least once a year -- when we would prepare a hearty breakfast of sinangag and corned beef or adobo, when we usually don't eat rice for breakfast.

Mornings are usually when everyone's together. When everyone discusses what to do for the day. When you still feel you have a long day ahead of you.

Yup, I've realized I'm a morning person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home