Monday, January 22, 2007

Post-Friends

I've been spending the past weeks catching up on the latest seasons of several US TV sitcoms, as well as tried starting several new ones.

I've already watched halfway through Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, the o.c., One Tree Hill, Desperate Housewives, My Name is Earl, Grey's Anatomy and Lost. I am postponing watching Prison Break and Heroes when the seasons are either almost over or better yet, when they ARE over so I wouldn't be left hanging.

A couple of the other shows I have started to watch are Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (starring Matthew Perry) and Dirt (starring and produced by Courtney Cox). Although a bit too political for me, Studio 60 has got me hooked due to the lovable characters played by Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford. Sarah Paulson proves to be a splendid actress, as well as the other cast members. Amanda Peet is winning me over as well. A show within a show, the sketches they play in the TV sjow (within the series) is unlike what you see in MadTV or SNL. More politics less pop. But it's the goings-on behind the show that make you just watch it.

On the other hand, Dirt is a more shallow show, focusing on life of the paparazzi in Hollywood. Courtney Cox is a bit too forced of an actress. And that's after just watching the first episode. I'll continue to watch the following episodes though since it entertains me enough and the idea of finding out what happens in a US tabloid is somewhat interested. And hey, I don't have anything better to do at times.

Or rather, I just feel lazy to do anything else but bum around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home