Friday, January 19, 2007

Re-focus!

It's just the first month of the year (and only 12 days since I wrote my new year's entry) and I've come to realize that I have re-focus what I have previously declared as my new year's resolution. My emotions were running high at the start of the new year, and I guess my emotions overruled my mind for those few days.

I still stick to the idea of learning to love myself more, but for the first item wherein I stated that I will find out what I really want to do, I've come to realize that I don't have to change jobs to do so. I can still develop my skills outside my full-time job. There is life outside the office, and I will embrace that. Just for the purpose of developing my portfolio, I've started practising my manual rendering of architectural designs, and that way I can develop my form-building, which has been my weak point ever since. For personal development I suppose. I hope it's a good start.

Hopefully once I master that I can venture into computer animation, if I find enough drive to do so. My previous basic knowledge on Sketch-up and Autodesk Revit is catching dust somewhere at the farther side of my brain and I have to reach out and relive those. It needs strong initiative, but I hope I get around to doing so.

I will make a habit of studying books and magazines more, probably make an investment in a good book or two. Study others' works. Remember my lessons during my university days. A professor said that everyone starts out copying somebody else until you find your niche.

So I'll just continue praying that I find the inspiration to do all these. Not to get lazy. And to make the most out of what I have. As for my job, it isn;t my dream job, but it pays for the bills and more. So maybe it's worth staying for a little bit more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home