Wednesday, November 16, 2005

charity vs annual bonus

I was walking around the office (out of boredom?) when I caught sight of something in the pantry.

It was a plywood box with a giant NEON-lit chinese character in the center (my colleague said it meant 'boundary') with a brick on top of the plywood box. For a second I thought it was one of those that gets rids of mosquitoes. It was hideous!

But here's the thing. It turns out, our CEO bought it in a charity auction. For five thousand friggin singapore dollars! And what more, there are FOUR of them all around the office! That's twnty thousand dollars! Aaaahhhhh!

For one, they look like nightclub decorations with the neon lights and all. Second, the grand total could have been very much welcomed in our annual bonus. Really.

Charity is okay, but for hideous items? I wish I had a camera to take a photo. and you'll know what I mean. You'l hate him for it too.

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Lesley Ardelle said...

Yeah...take a pic. I really can't visualize it. What's it for?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home