Saturday, November 12, 2005

first impression

Just right after I wrote my previous post one guy from last night's party sent me a text message. He wasn't one of the guys I mentioned who I felt were hitting on me. But I did catch him looking my way a couple of times. I think I've met him in another party some time ago, but maybe he didn't remember.

But geez, man, he doesn't know how to make a good first impression through text.

(Names have been changed. Have been rephrased but same gist.)

GUY: Hi, this is Mark from the party last night. How are you?

ME: Hey! I'm okay, just catching up on sleep (it was three in the afternoon).

GUY: Oh, did I disturb you? I'm here in the gym, burning calories. (eh? I swear that was more or less what he said.)

ME: (not minding his 'gym' comment) Nah, already got up. Had to be up early this morning so I decided to just take a siesta.

GUY: Ok. By the way, are you free Friday? I'm having a small gathering.

ME: Probably not this Friday. My colleagues and I are watching Harry Potter. Anyway, thanks for the invite!

GUY: Oh, yeah. I like that movie.

What the?

Talk about sounding boring already through text! We weren't able to talk much last night. And he isn't doing a good job getting my attention now. Sorry, buster. You have to find a way to eat my words.

1 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! been in that position lotsa times. ignore them~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home