Thursday, November 17, 2005

office hierarchy

Our department (architectural) is pretty much divided into the architects and the technical (read: the draftsmen). So basically, during design development, the architects work on the drawings, then the technical people help in for submissions and working drawings.

But it sucks when what happens to me -- architectural assistant ol' me -- is that I don't have the power to request fo help from the technical. If for the same project and work I ask for help from the technical director, they say the technical staff are busy. But when my superior asks them for the same thing they race around to find help.

Aaaaahhhh.... so I end up doing work that's supposed to be done by technical staff. I guess I can't complain since I sometimes do a technical staff's work for an architect's paycheck. But still... it feels degrading sometimes. But oh well, that's the corporate world. Hierarchy will always be there. And I will just have to live with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home