Monday, January 22, 2007

Friends and Expectations

Someone once scolded me for having too much expectations on my friends. Although sometimes I have reason to do so, I guess he was right.

I can't expect all my friends to keep my secrets. There are only a few I can count on for those.

I can't expect a friend to value me as much as I value him/ her.

I can't expect all friendships to sustain themselves. People just grow apart. Making effort to keep in contact sometimes just isn't enough. Friends come and go. Maybe they were just meant to touch your life for a short period, for a certain purpose. Then we move on.

But above all these, there are still those certain friends who will stay.

1 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true, all the things you wrote. People change, things are never static... so friendships never stay the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home