Wednesday, July 06, 2005

IOC in Singapore

Just in case you weren't aware. IOC stands for International Olympic Committee. They're holding the 117th IOC here in Singapore. Basically they're deciding who will host 2012's Olympic Games. The candidates are Moscow, New York, Madrid, London and Paris. As I write Moscow is making it's presentation.

I didn't know it would be such a huge deal. It was only recently even that I found out Singapore was hosting the IOC. I just found out popular people luck David and Victoria Beckham, Muhammad Ali, Ian Thorpe, Hilary Clinton, Tony Parker, and some others are here! And darn, I'm at work, and all the happening were yesterday and today!

We'll be finding out by this evening around 7:30 on who will be awarded. I think it's surely one of the European countries. But since Paris already has a percentage of it's proposal existing (game venues), I think they have a big chance. Green architecture and all that, eh? Maximize what's already up. And imagine... beach volleyball under the Eifell Tower. Oh wow!

So there. Will wait till around 7ish to find out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home