Wednesday, August 24, 2005

hmmm....

Just a warning. Only people practising architecture, drafting, and the like would understand what I'm going to talk about.

Just some random thoughts while I try to work.

1. I wish AutoCAD had a "Find..." command so I don't have to get all dizzy looking through shop drawings to find a room, a material, or what not.

2. I wish graphic-related software would have a universal set of commands so I don't make a mistake and type Z-W to zoom into a window in Photoshop or click Ctrl + to zoom in at CAD. So confusing!

3. Working this way is not healthy as my eyesight isn't as clear as it used to be, I get occasionaly migraines from staring at the computer all day, I my shoulders hurt during the afternoons and my butt as well.

A warning really for all architect-wannabes. Change your mind. I mean it. I've been warned before and I'm passing on from experience. Pursue architecture if you're really passionate about it -- if you have mommy and daddy to financially back you up, if you mind not having a life once in a while, or if you're diverse enough to do other stuff to compensate. I'm just dwelling on the third option for now. Spicing up my life by not making my day job as the center of my life. It can be done. It's tough though.

Don't say you weren't warned.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger mush said...

autocad HAS a find command.^^ wala ba dyan? that helped me a whole lot in checking out door tags and the like.^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home