Tuesday, August 23, 2005

on being an employee

If you have noticed or not, this and my previous post revolves around the same theme.

Yes, this is a semi-shitty day. All because of that friggin project. (I know I shouldn't be too negative about it, but the vibes are just not right. I usually get excited when I start on a new project but this one just sucks.)

I keep on telling everyone that I don't want to be an employee forever. My deadline is when I get married (ey destiny, I'm calling out! The sooner the better!) As my friend said, being an employee is being a slave of the corporate world. This isn't long-term for me. No, thank you. Maybe it's the proud side of me. But I don't want to be tied doing something I don't thoroughly enjoy just because it provides for my living. But of course I have options. I can change jobs, change careers, blah blah. Easier said than done. And as the priest said in his sermon last Sunday, "Why transfer to a higher-paying job if it means working longer hours?" I became defensive and thought, "Why stick out on something you don't feel passionate about?"

Anyways, scrap that.

Allow me to just reminisce...

... I miss not having to work.
... I miss school holidays.
... I miss home-cooked meals (by someone else)
... I miss not having to clean the bathroom.
... I miss running out of prepaid load because of having too much textmates (now I couldn't even finish my 500 per month limit! I swear, I only use up 100 to 200!)
... I miss riding a private car. (I get to ride one once in a while but it just isn't the same)
... I miss family gatherings.
... I miss deciding with my family what we want to eat for breakfast.
... I miss deciding with my family what mall to go to on a Sunday morning.
... I miss having to ask permission to go out with friends.

I guess missing so many things means I had a pretty happy childhood eh?

But anyways, I know that in the future I could look back to where I am now and miss things that I am currently experiencing. And I could laugh over things I hated as those that I could remember from my past.

So maybe it isn't so bad after all.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear i've a new link...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home