Wednesday, August 10, 2005

a woman's insecurities

A few people from UPAAS were planning a trip to Pulau Tioman, Malaysia this weekend. Diving, snorkeling, wading, or just plain beach-bumming. For a while I considered going, even coordinating with the trip head (who happened to be the drunken married man I talked about before). But last minute I backed out, making the excuse that I was meeting my client that weekend. Which is true, don't get me wrong, but it would haven't been too much of a hassle for me to reschedule my meeting with my client.

So you may ask (You may also don't but I'm answering anyway) ... why did I back out last minute?

*drum roll please*

The main reason is that I feel I need to lose some weight before I wear a bathing suit again.

Yeah, yeah, sounds stupid. But when I ran the story with my gal cousin, she squealed, "Exactly! That's also the reason why I didn't join my friends a couple of weeks ago!"

So it turns out I'm not the only one. I doubt it's not only me and my cousin who considers that right?

What would have been the use of me spending the whole weekend, spending some money, when I won't feel comfortable with the way I looked.

And I vowed the last time I went to a resort that the next time I would go beach-bumming, I woudl be able to wear a bikini top. Hahaha.

Give me a few months. I'll try to make that come true :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home