Saturday, July 30, 2005

on being asked out by a stalker

Okay, there's a slight exaggeration there. He isn't exactly a stalker that lurks behind me or something like that. I just wondered how he found out what nationality I was and what profession I was in.

I was creeped out when he first spoke to me when we rode the same bus back to the condo (Yep, that's what we had in common. He lives on the floor above mine.)

But with the craziness that comes out of me once in a while since I started living in this foreign city, I was crazy enough to accept his offer for me to design a small-scale commercial building he wanted to put up in his province. So fine. I didn't think anything of it. I enjoy designing so I grabbed the opportunity.

So after a few months of coordination, the drawings have been completed.

I texted him yesterday to inform him the drawings were ready. He said he could drop by the next day (today) at 1pm. I said "Okay, not later than that please. I have an errand in the afternoon.

So he came to my condo unit (my housemate was around, but asleep while he was there.) so I could turnover the drawings, and for him to pay the balance he owed me. But beforehand I already dressed up and did my make up so I could leave once he leaves.

So I was busy explaining to him the drawings when he suddenly cut me short.

"I like your makeup. Did you do it yourself?"

Eh?!?

Of course, he said that in Filipino. FYI, he's quite jologs. (jologs. adj. lack of breeding. someone who may have come from a second-rate school. which may mean I'm a social snob.)

So how am I supposed to reply to that? Is he gay or was that just the lousiest pick-up line in the world?

So I just said "Thanks," with a tight smile then proceeded explaining the drawings. I am a professional anyways.

But he didn't stop there. He continued, "Seems like you learned how Singaporeans do their makeup."

What the...?!?

So I just waved my hand to silently plead for him to drop the subject. So finally, I was done explaining. He paid the balance, signed the contract then left.

Ten minutes later my phone rang.

Lo and behold, of course it was him.

"Hi," he said, "if I have any questions about the drawings can I call you?"

"Okay," I said. (But it was written on the contract anyway that any work beyond today would be charged accordingly)

Then he suddenly asked, "Can I invite you for dinner on Friday?"

Aaaaahhhhh!

Quick response from me: "But I have a boyfriend in Manila." (which is not true at all)

"But he's not here," he reasoned.

JERK!

"No thanks," I said.

But he persisted. "But you did me a favor. I just want to repay."

I told him, "You don't owe me anything anymore," since he has paid his balance.

I kept on telling him "No, thanks," until finally -- I hope -- he gave up.

Geez, what kind of appeal do I have?

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger super inday said...

rishaaaaaaaaaa!!! i totally dig what you mean. LOSER MAGNET IN THE HOUSE!!! (i'm talking abut me, of course. haha.) but it makes for hilaroius stories, don't you think? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home