Friday, July 29, 2005

another month has gone by...

I can't believe that by next week it would already be August. It seemed so long ago that I called my mom on her birthday (end of August) and that she cried because it was her first birthday without all her kids.

So what has come of me after another month in this city? I'm still the same lazy homebody that I was last year. It's funny though that one of my friends said that I'm the only lazy person he knows na masipag pa rin, hahaha. I can't really imagine but I guess it's true in a sense. Cuz even if I'm lazy I still do what I'm supposed to do. Maybe I won't be enthusiastic about it, but I still do it.

Anyways at this point in time I also realized that living here isn't so bad at all. I doubt that if I were in Manila I would have led a very exciting life. I would have been constrained by inability to drive (or rather, no car to drive), not enough money for shopping or to go out with friends, or lack of creativity in meeting new friends.

Anyways, enough about that. I can't wait until September. I could bring back my Christmas MP3s in my office PC and laptop and I could sing along with the Carpenters again! Woohoo!

Anyways, just a list of the things I can still look forward to before my Christmas break:

1. Bonding with UPAAS members (I've recently discovered that they're a good bunch. Despite our varying ages we could talk about things from showbusiness to real estate to politics). I'm on the works of coming up with a fund-raising event. I first came up with an Internet Garage Sale but now I'm venturing into the speed dating business if they're up for it hehe.

2. Our office Dinner and Dance. This is the highlight actually of the coming months. I'm included in the committee, acting as Treasurer and one of my roles is to go shopping with a couple other girls for the prizes for our lucky draw. (50 prices with a budget of almost SGD10,000!) I love shopping with someone else's money!

3. Sideline jobs which include a design of a house in Sta Rosa/ Silang, Cavite and interior design works for a condo here in SG. I don't know why I have more fun doing these sideline jobs than my actual work. I guess more fulfillment since the design is usually my own.

Well, that's it actually. I don't know (yet?) of anyone I know coming to visit me here. (Maybe someone would come surprise me? Hehehe) But of course it would be very nice to see familiar faces amongst the crowd of English-challenged incredibly-thin people. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home