Friday, July 22, 2005

Missing IW...

My gradeschool/ high school had a unique program called "Individual Work" wherein the trimester or quarter of the schoolyear is divided up into sessions of three weeks each. For every three weeks, each subject comes out with a requirement. Like problems to solve for Trigonometry, experiments to do for Chemistry, etc. Geek as I was, I actually enjoyed doing most of these IW work. My classmates and I would sometimes even compete who would finish all the subjects quickest within those three weeks. Of course we cheated and did the work at home when we were supposed to just work on them during IW period. It was also then that I realized I worked much, much better at home with my own pace, with the music playing, and on my own desk.

IW also helped me be creative in my work. Teachers preferred work that have been done creatively, like the late Mrs. Losa who gave extra points for creativity when she was teaching Physics!

IW was also nice time to chat with friends while working (but teachers wouldn't stop scolding us for being too loud! I swear the classrooms turn out to be like markets!) We also found the time to chat with teachers. Bum, when lazy.

IW truly helped me a lot during college. Helped me submit my arki plates on time. Helped me with the discipline. Helped in creativity.

One of the few things I'm truly grateful for from my ol' alma mater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home