Monday, July 11, 2005

decisions

I've more or less decided that I would be staying here beyond the two years of my first contract. (FYI, I've been here for almost thirteen months now, but technically I'm just eleven months into my contract. Long story.) And I could be sarcastic and say that yeah, I can stay for an extra month after my two years then resign.

If my application for permanent residency gets approved or not, I think I'm going to taking a go and stay. Until I'm bored to death or end up getting married or what not. It isn't so bad. Really. I could go home every chance I could. I could have a family member visit me in turns. I coudl travel. I could even put up a business here. Even if I have to take more leaves that I'm alotted to... so what? If I didn't go through and renew my countract I wouldn't have had the funds to take those trips anyways.

I just thought that there are still a lot of Asian countries I want to visit. (or even the US, Australia, or Europe) A lot of books in the National Library that I want to read. A lot more years of the Great Singapore Sale to splurge on. A lot of hawker food to try. A lot of friends to meet.

I want my family to have more chances of vsiting me. I want more chances of sharing my experiences.

And I still want to find my chance of meeting VJ Utt. Hahahahhaa.

But seriously. If my permanent residency gets approved and I have to sign for another two years. It's not as if I HAVE to stay for those two extra years. So it isn't such a big deal after all. Or if it doesn't get approved and at 2006 I sign up again for another two years, I DON"T HAVE to stay those two years.

I could resign. I could be retrenched. But I'll play it by ear. See where fate leads me.

And maybe in those two years

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home