Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Flight Matters

Booking your flight for Christmas is stressful. Cuz you have to plan months ahead so that you get the flight you want (Filipinos book more than one flight -- segurista!) so somehow there's a mad dash for the flights. I don't think I have much problem booking my flight coming home since I'll be leaving earlier than usual, December 9 -- in time for my cousin's wedding. BUT we just had our office dinner and dance (D&D) committee meeting this afternoon and it turned out the date I was supposed to fly home is one of the options for the company's annual! So think, think.

Case scenario 1: If the D&D turns out to be on December 2 or November 25, so no more issue. I get to fly home as planned.

Case scenario 2: The D&D turns out to be on the 9th I move my flight by one day and end up flying home on the day of my cousin's wedding! Aaaaahhhh! Hassle! (So please do pray that our bosses choose the other dates) Cuz if that happens I can't expect my family to pick me up. I would have to take the cab straight to the parlor. Pull whatever dress I have at home then go to the wedding. Panic, panic.

Now the thing is I have to wait for our bosses' choice on the date for me to actually book my flight. Since I planned all along to fly back here on the 2nd of January I'm quite sure a lot of people plan on flying back on that day. So if it takes a friggin' long time for the bosses to decide and Jan 2 gets fulyl booked I'll end up flying back on Jan 1 itself. Which I guess shoudln't be so bad since the only reason my family got together on that day was because of my grandfather's birthday (but he passed away this year so I don't knwo what would happen next year) and the flight on Jan 1 is 70 dollars cheaper than the jan 2 flight.

And that would be one less leave.

Sigh. Stress.

Darn my colleague for suggesting December 9. The choices were supposedly just November 25 and December 2! Argh.

Keep your fingers crossed for me okay?

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger joyce said...

are you talking about 70 USD just for one day?! grabe naman yun. dun ka na sa mas mura.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home