Friday, July 29, 2005

sliding doors

(I just realized that most of my post -- let's say 90% -- are written while at work during office hours, hahahah)

If you've watched Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow (a must watch!) you'd know it's in the "what if" theme. It talks about fate and all that.

When I turned down the dating service thingie, I think the lady got a bit pissed at me. I used the alibi that "I met someone over the weekend and I think I want to pursue that first". She reasoned, "How about the handsome doctor I'm pairing you off with?" Ye, right. So I rode along. "That's tempting, but I believe in fate. If I decide later on to sign up and that doctor is still available then it's meant to be." She reasoned some more but finally gave up.

I guess the topic of fate seems like shit for some people but deep inside of me I know that I'm destined for something, someone, etc.

Anyways, I'd like to play with that thought. I'd like to think where I want to be if I weren't sitting right here on my desk, pretending to work.

1. I'd like to work somewhere hip like in a Singaporean publication or in MTV!
2. I'd like to put up my own restaurant in a place like Holland Village.
3. I'd like to play tourist everyday (but I would have to marry an expat to enjoy everyday shopping, eating and travelling!)

Okay then, let's say my PR application is successful. Less than a year down the road I'd be free (hopefully) from my company contract. I think I'm going to widen my horizons and see what else is there for me. I can check out other firms, other professions, hunt down expats (hahahaha) or what not. I won't limit myself to what is currently being offered to me.

Sounds like a plan, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home