Sunday, July 31, 2005

privacy

It is weird that now that I have my own room I am more sensitive with privacy matters. I spent 20+ years sharing a room with my sisters, and even times that all of us in the family slept in one room.

But now, things have changed. I guess it comes with sharing a place with people I never really spoke to before June last year. Which maybe, duh, of course. But they have been good friends nevertheless.

But still I never fail to close my bedroom door whenever I come in and out. Same goes for my bathroom. And I silently freak out when one of their guests suddenly use my bathroom. The bad side of having the common bathroom as your own. No lock from outside. I've been tempted a few times to place a sign on the door, as the rebellious kids do in Western movies.

And it also goes with my refrigerator and pantry space!

I stopped in my tracks when I saw my flatmate's mom going through my cupboard space whil she was here for a visit.

But who could blame her, most probably my housemates didn't orient her on the divided spaces in the kitchen.

If I could really afford it I would love to have my own place. I wish, I wish. It would be lonely though. But it would be nice to have friends come over if you're boredom is at its limit.

Whattalife that would be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home