Sunday, August 07, 2005

me... a snob?

A couple of people have asked me after telling them my "jologs-magnet" story, how do I classify someone as jologs. Yes, I have defined it in my own terms in my previous entry, but my always reply is, "It depends on your level of snobbery."

So there. I have my snob tendencies. And it has been practised on two separate occasions these past few days. The first was with my "stalker". And the other has to do with the friends of my housemates.

Yeah, I know it's quite mean of me. Let me talk about these friends of my housemates. They're a married couple actually. My housemates met them over tennis lessons. Since then they have gone out several times. Two couples. Sometimes a friend of the married couple, a guy who lives in our condo, joins them.

I know these people. And I guess I'm not so interested in spending too much time with them.

First, the couple. It's the guy I'm not too comfortable with, actually. Aside from the fact that he keeps on selling me insurance (Can't you get the hint? I'm not interested!!!) he has this tendency of speaking in Singlish (Singaporean English) even with us Filipinos! And he's just been here for four years! And that isn't just his speech. His texting/ sms lingo has incorporated Singlish as well. Oh puh-lease! I perfectly know he can speak in Filipino. I know he doesn't have a hard time speaking it. So why?

The wife is okay. It's just that they're a package deal so there.

Then their friend who lives in our condo. He's a very good example of a guy who just wouldn't stop talking! And it just isn't talk, it's know-it-all talk. A reminder why I got turned off by one of my past persistent suitors. I don't want someone who talks more than I do. Somehow I don't think being talkative suits a guy. Well that's just me.

Okay then, I guess I am a snob in more ways than one.

2 Comments:

At 3:40 AM, Blogger Maniniyut said...

Singlish? i wonder how it looks like on SMS messages. Chinese characters ba yun aside from English? nevermind.

on know-it-all guys: even though i am a guy, i get pissed off when i encounter people like them.

i told you i have read your blog quite a number of times. tamad lang ako mag-comment. so there. i wish you a happy week ahead :)

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger super inday said...

hehe. i'm an intellectual snob. and someone told me that it shows.. he said i actually REEK of intellectual snobbery. (he's not a very polite person, i might add.) oh well, that's who i am =P can't help it if i can't connect with people who talk about showbiz all the time =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home