Saturday, August 27, 2005

not-so-extreme makeover

My housmate/ friend referred me to this photo studio companies which had a free makeover/ photo shoot promos.

So sure, why not? I've always wanted a makeover. But of course I wished it had the free outfit as well.

I was warned by my friend that they would try to hard-sell the idea of buying an album for myself, having two free shoots per year for the rest of my life. Haha, what would I do with pics of myself? Maybe if I already had a family or if I had my family with me, or if I would be gettng married in the future. Maybe.

So still, I went for the makeover.

I expected everyone to fuss over me and all, but it turned out to be a semi-busy studio with several people being made over at the same time.

So anyways I was approached by this Singaporean guy named Edgar (Aside from Edgar Allan Poe I've always thought Edgar was such a Filipino name). He's one of the most barok (one who can't speak straight grammatically) Singaporeans I've met.

I almost burst out laughing when he said, "So after you fill up this form, we're going to the make out room."

What?!?

Hahhahahaha. Of course he meant the make up room.

So anyways I had my makeup and hair done. (The make up was okay, the hair -- well -- I think the girl got lazy and just placed some mousse on it then was done)

The photographer was an English lady who was pretty good. She was very comfortable instructing me on the poses, having me imitate her (some of the poses were really embarrassing!) But what the heck, these people didn't know me.

The second batch (change of clothes -- I just had a jeans ensemble and a skirt one) wasn't so nice though. The gay Indian guy did some braid thingie with my hair which didn't flatter my face. And the photographer for this one -- a Singaporean dude -- wasn't as good as the English lady. He only instructed some of the poses. It was Edgar who was instructing me and they were such lousy poses!

So I was done in an hour and a half. Then Edgar showed me the pics on the computer, then showed how he could retouch the photo. It was then that I learned how to make yourself look thinner through photoshop! I should start retouching all my pics! Haha.

So they tried to sell me the idea of having the album (for quite a hefty amount -- not as expensive as the dating service though) but I stood firm and didn't sign up. I should be proud of myself. The amount would be equal to the trip I'm taking with my parents next year.

So they finally gave up on me. They gave me a CD with two pics of my choice though. When I signed the agreement that I'm receiving the two photos, it asked for my mobile number. Then Edgar said, "Hmmm.... your mobile number. So can I call you?"

Eeek.

I swear I'm such a jologs magnet.

I just laughed him off, pretending I didn't understand him. Singlish is hard enough to understand. But he made it even harder!

It was quite an experience though.

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger joyce said...

asan yung pic? post mo! hehe. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home